Saturday, March 6, 2010

Books to die for

Rest when you die. It’s how I call my new blog but also the title of my first novel, Descansa Cuando te Mueras. Here, I will deal mostly with the books in my life –those that I read, the ones I remember, and of course, the ones I write.

It’s a place for commentary and rants about literature; also, a window to a writer’s soul, his self-doubt and his endless battle with words, seasoned with a generous sampling of his work –even if it’s a work in progress.

I will write in English or Spanish, mostly depending on my mood –or the need to express myself more freely in one language or the other. I’d be glad to offer a translation of everything I put down here, but it’s a time-consuming task. I learned this the hard way, when I decided to publish my immigrant memories in two separate editions. Cuando Llegué and Newcomer are out there already –available both in Amazon and Lulu.com- but it took a lot of work to produce that miracle. Here are the results:

cuandolleguefront newcomerfront

Click on this link to learn more about these books:

http://stores.lulu.com/store.php?fAcctID=28320018

Descansa Cuando te Mueras is my first novel, one that I had been working on for a long time, since the times I spent in New York. Now that I’ve kicked journalism out the door, I managed to finish this book, which had basically kept me hostage for nearly four years –a hostage of recurring ideas I couldn’t put on paper just then and a hostage of a character I’m not too fond of.

In subsequent postings, I will satisfy your curiosity with some samples of these works. Feel free to comment about them.

No comments:

Post a Comment